OVERVIEW SLIDES [DOWNLOAD]
Tech for Social Good provides funding support from $200 – $1,000 for UC Davis individual students, student organizations or student groups to develop events or programming that improve and support technological innovation in the following categories: Health, People & Robots, Connected Communities, Sustainable Infrastructure, Diversity and Inclusion in Tech.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will there be an info session?
- Yes, we will hold an info session on Thurs., January 23 at 5:00 pm (Room 1065, Kemper Hall). Please register here.
Who is eligible and how can I apply?
- Students affiliated with an ASUCD recognized club or organization are eligible to apply.
- Please complete the online application here.
What are the deadlines for applying?
- Funding will be made available in two batches: (1) Fall 2019 and (2) Winter and Spring Quarters 2020
How much funding can I apply for?
- Student-led events and programs can apply for funding from $200 – $1,000 per event, per academic year.
- Only one application per club or organization will be accepted per academic year.
- You must complete the budget template form (.xls Template) and submit with your online application.
What types of events and programming are funded?
- Events and programming examples include, but are not limited to: Student-run hackathons and guest speaker events or series, conference & symposia fees, tech treks.
- Specific example includes:
What are the requirements for a student-led event or program application?
- The student organization must be an ASUCD recognized club or organization.
- Event or programming must be open to other matriculated UC Davis students.
- The project plan must include a detailed description for how the project will be monitored, including tracking, recording, and reporting these benefits back to the Tech for Social Good Review Committee.
- Projects must have publicity, education and outreach considerations, including a minimum of two “blog” posts or articles, and multimedia documentation (e.g., photos and video) to be shared via the CITRIS website and social media, where appropriate.
- All project teams must present their work at a CITRIS-organized showcase event in June 2019 (Exact Date TBD).